Friday, July 16, 2010

A Month Has Passed

Well, I think I need to put a reminder up to start making sure I post to this blog! Things JJ has done since the last post. He can now say "more" when he wants food, and he was sick the last week of June, and wasn't sleeping well. He got up one night around 11:30 or so, and stood up on Austin, and he was smacking his arm trying to wake him up. The noises he was making became more and more urgent, and he finally yelled "GET UP!". Austin and I looked at each other like, did he just say that?? Then, he said it again. I can't get him to do it again, but I swear he did it! He's becoming more brave when he pulls himself up now. He let's go often, moves from item to item, and has things in his hands many times when he tries to get up. I was at my sister's yesterday, and he started to climb the stairs all by himself (I found out that he does this with Austin in the basement when I'm not home :P). He made it all the way to the top with my help. He did this around June 19th as well. He's a strong little guy!

He was 11 months on the 13th, and we mailed out the invitations to his 1st birthday party on August 14th. I can't believe it's already been a year!! People told me it would fly by, but really, this was like warp speed.

In my news, I started Weight Watchers almost 2 weeks ago now. I am at my highest weight ever, and it's time to do something about it. I was shocked after I had JJ, all the weight I had gained (about 30 lbs), fell off in about 2 weeks! I was breastfeeding as much as I could (which wasn't much), and I think that helped. As soon as I stopped, the weight crept back, not all of it, but 20 lbs. I have a long road ahead, but if I stick to it, I should meet my goal by end of November. I am not going to militant in meeting this date, but as long as I continue to see changes, I will be happy. The next step is to start exercising again. Hmm.

We are taking a vacation at the end of this month. First stop Mackinac Island, then Alpena. I am sooooooo looking forward to it!

I think that's about it for now. Hopefully I'll remember to talk to you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment