Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Irritant

It's been a week since I've been out here. JJ is back to his normal self again. Today is the last day for the ointment, so that's kind of nice. In other JJ news, I could have sworn he said "ma ma" on Saturday, but not sure if he knew what it meant. I also had to take him to the doctor last Friday as he had been coughing all week, and not sleeping well. Turns out he has an ear infection... mmm, more of the yummy pink medicine for the next 1o days (eyes rolling).

We had a busy weekend. Friday night, we went to a birthday party for a friend and got some nice time with other adults. Saturday we went and attempted to pick out JJ's 6 month pictures (which were more like 7 month pictures as I am lazy), and we didn't get very far. Had them print up some of JJ with bunnies and eggs for the family we'd see Sunday. Then we went to my sister's to watch the NCAA final four game that MSU lost. Ha! (I am a U of M fan). Sunday, we went to church, then to lunch with JJ's dad's family, then back to their house, then back to my mom's. Dear Lord, that was a lot of driving!

Ok, so onto the irritant part. While at JJ's dad's family's house, JJ's aunt took a bunch of pictures of him. I get this as she's a first time aunt, and very excited that JJ is here on this earth. I did the same thing with my nieces and nephews. However, once we left the house, she proceeded to post all of these pictures on Facebook, and put "JJ's first Easter. It was last year on this day that we found out that there was going to be a little JJ. Now look at us!"

Um......

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this? First, she posted his first Easter pictures before I even had a chance to. Second, she put it out on Facebook for a bunch of people I don't know, and some that I do, when it was that I decided to tell everyone that I was pregnant. Third, she referred to him as "us". It just sounds like something I should be saying about the whole situation.

JJ's aunt and Facebook drive me nuts! She posts every single detail of her life, no matter how
mundane it may be, and often times posts other people's news without even giving it a second thought. Anytime JJ happens to be at their house (she lives at home with mom and dad, and other brother), she's posts about it. If she babysits, she posts about it. If I put pictures out, she re-posts them. I get that she's trying to be a good aunt, but she's stealing my thunder and pissing me off. I happen to think that she's also alienating my family and friends by all of her JJ posts.

I should have known she would be an issue when she friended me after only a month or two of me and JJ's dad dating. She then friended my friends that were at the hospital when JJ was born. She posted every excruciating detail of my labor and delivery.

JJ's dad said he'd say something to her because I told him what she had done this time with the Easter pics. Hopefully it will nip this in the bud. I hate to start a family feud over a person's inconsiderate Facebook habits. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment