So, this past Friday, I had to work from my mom's as I had training to attend in the morning, and she would watch JJ while I worked. I was also having a couple of friends over that evening who hadn't seen JJ in a while, so I had to rush home from "work". We got home, and I started a mad rush on cleaning. JJ was in a fussy mood, so I had to try to feed him, entertain him, and clean all at the same time. I tried to get him to take a nap, but that wasn't working either. Finally, I got everything done, even a shower, and went and laid down with him. I thought he was asleep, so I got up, put pillows around him (YES, he naps in our bed, and this has been our normal practice since he was born), and went to see my friends who had shown up in the mean time.
We're in the kitchen, drinking beer, eating guacamole, and chatting, when all of the sudden, D says, "is that Jack?". All got quiet, and we hear the worst crying I have ever heard before. JJ's dad ran into the room, and brought him back into the kitchen, still bawling his eyes out. He said, "he was on the floor." Now, JJ's dad can be a bit of a joker, so I thought he was pulling my leg at first. Turns out, he was not. JJ rolled out of our bed!! I felt, and actually still do feel, horrible. I made JJ's dad call the doctor, and she told us babies are resilient, and to watch for him to throw up, be lethargic (mind you, it's 8PM at this point!), if he falls asleep and we can't wake him up, if he acts "out of it". He cried for a few minutes, and then he was back to his old self. We kept looking for a lump to appear, but there was nothing. There was a red spot on the top of his head about the size of a quarter, but that was it. I kept checking him throughout the night to make sure he was OK, and that I could wake him.
Almost a week later, no problems, thank God!
Saturday I head out to Frankenmuth with my mom and sisters. I tell them the story about JJ falling. L tells me not to worry as her son rolled out of bed, and rolled down the stairs twice. DD scolds me for having JJ in our bed. She is 20 years older than me, so I suppose she feels like she is my mother. My mom is just concerned (she called me for days afterward to see how he was doing). Later in the day, DD again starts laying into my about JJ being our bed, and how it wouldn't have happened if he had never started sleeping in our bed in the first place. When you try to argue with DD, forget it - she is ALWAYS right. It gets heated, and she says, "well, if he rolls out again, you can bet I'll be mad and you'll hear about it." Um, ok DD. You'll be the first person I call WHEN IT HAPPENS AGAIN. WTF, like I'm going to even let that happen again. I usually just let her rants roll off, but this time I couldn't. I told her in front of everyone that I felt she said to intentionally hurt me and be mean. She, of course, denied it. Eventually she apologized. Nice that she made me feel even worse than I already did.
Family is a funny thing. They're either 100% for you, or they'll rip your head off like you're a dandelion. DD and I got into at Easter too, where she accused me of excluding her for many years, and how she knew that L, K (SIL) and I got together all the time without her. I don't know why I was her target, but she laid into me. It all got worked out in the end, but I suspect I was feeding her as much BS as she had just dumped on me.
In other news, I decided that I was going to block JJ's aunt from seeing anything I posted on Facebook since her FB antics just piss me off. Well, little did I know that in the process of doing that, it would totally hide my wall from her. I was out at Costco with a friend on Sunday, and I checked FB from my phone. I see that I have a message from her telling me she couldn't see my wall, and had she said or done something to make me mad. OH SHIT. I came up with a story about how I tried to block an old acquaintance with the same name, and chose her name by mistake. I reinstated the ability for her to see my posts, and I think she bought it, but who knows? Perhaps she knows I was lying, but I really don't care at this point. I was venting to my BFF about it, and she said, "why don't you just hide her posts? It's what she puts out there that really bothers you." Genius!! Why didn't I think of that. So hide her I did.
Monday night we started our girl's softball league. I haven't played since 2008, as I was pregnant with JJ last summer. I was a little scared, and more than a little rusty. Turns out, the manager didn't having me in the batting order, and I rotated every other inning at 1st base. I guess that's a way to ease back into it.
Other JJ news.... he sat in a cart for the first time when we went to Costco on Sunday! He was so darn cute with his little U of M baseball cap on. Everybody said hi to him, and so many people told me how cute he was :) He was very good right up until the end, and then he got tired. He fell asleep in the car almost immediately.
He's also turned into a pro at holding his own bottle. As a matter of fact, I am watching him hold one right now all by himself!
We also discovered a new way to make him laugh. On Sunday, we were changing the sheets on the bed, and he was fussy, so put him on the bed, and then put the sheet completely over him, then fluffed it up. He just thinks this is the funniest thing ever! It works with blankets too. His arms and legs get going, and he does his dog pant, and his eyes get really big, and he just cracks up! Oh, the things that amuse the little guy :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment