I'm a bit behind. I'll do my best to catch up now.
Friday, April 23rd, JJ's dad, who going forward I will call Austin, went up north with my brother-in-law to his hunting cabin. For those of you who aren't Michiganders, up north is the place to be in the spring, summer and fall. Kid Rock refers to it in his song, "it was summer time in Northern Michigan". Anyway, as he's getting things ready to go, Austin says to me, "I'm gonna miss that little guy. What do you bet he starts crawling while I'm gone?" To which of course, I roll my eyes because really, what are the odds? Yes, JJ is very close to crawling. As we know from previous posts regarding JJ and the remote, he is managing to move forward, but not really in a full on crawl.
I guess I should have gone to the tracks.
Friday night, I met my friend Patty for some shopping at Kohl's, and dinner after. Poor JJ, we didn't get to the store till 8, I think, and we didn't get home from dinner till after 11, perhaps even closer to midnight. Bad mom moment :/
Saturday, we got up and and JJ was fussy. I decided to take him for a walk since I saw that there were kids playing soccer at the park across the street from us. It was rainy and cold, but that wasn't stopping me. We wandered around the park for a bit, went over to the petting zoo, and came home. Since the boys were up north, I packed up everything but the kitchen sink and went to my sister's for a little slumber party.
Sunday, I got up and went to church with my mom (which could be a whole different blog...), had lunch with my brother and kids, and then headed back to my sister's house. And that's when it happened. I was making JJ a bottle, and I looked over, and there it was. 3 little crawls. Holy.Lord.Above. I can't describe the feeling I had in my heart when I saw that. It was a mixture of joy, amazement, pride, and terror. How do I tell Austin that JJ crawled while he was up north? Why did he have to predict this?
I did what I think most other parents would do... I lied, kinda. I took no video, I tried to pretend like JJ wasn't really crawling, more like just pulling himself along. I let JJ try to show Austin, but he didn't do it again. He pulled both legs under himself at the same time, but it wasn't the same crawl I saw.
Monday night, I went to softball, and Austin informed me that it was time to lower the crib as JJ had figured out how to pull himself up and was hanging 1/2 way over the side by the time Austin realized what was going on.
Tuesday, JJ crawled for both of us. This is when I posted it on Facebook as the first time it happened. Isn't it weird how competitive new parents are on Facebook? It's like a game to see who's kid can do what first. And there have to be pictures of it, video, witnesses, written affidavits, etc. How strange our lives have become!
I digress. Wednesday, JJ was super fussy. I thought perhaps he was getting sick again, so being the good mom I am, I gave him a dose of Infant's Tylenol. That kid slept maybe a grand total of an hour the whole day, and tossed and turned all night.
Thursday, I had JJ home with me since my sis-in-law had a field trip with my niece. I felt in his mouth as I usually do to see if any teeth had magically arrived. Well, hot diggity dog - one had! No wonder he was so fussy... it all makes sense now.
Remember how I was such a good mom and gave him Tylenol? Come to find out, both bottles I have in the house were recalled on Saturday due to manufacturing deficiencies. WTF? Supposedly no adverse side effects, but who really knows?
Oh, there was a milestone for me and Austin yesterday too. We had our first date night (without meeting up with friends) since JJ was born. Last minute called Austin's mom, went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and saw the movie Date Night. How nice to do something adult! We met Patty at karaoke and went home after about an hour and half.
I know that was a quick recap, but it's 10:30PM on a Sunday night, the Red Wings are playing playoff hockey, and I'm tired! I'll talk to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment