Thursday, May 27, 2010

9 Months

My how the time flies. We had JJ's 9 month appointment on 5/19. He weighs in at 21 lbs and is 28.5 in long. Doc says everything is looking good. Now, if I could just set up an appointment for his 9 month pictures.... Seeing how I didn't take his 6 months until he was 3 days shy of 7 months, I still have a couple more weeks.

Friday, we went up to our friend's bar to celebrate her 30th birthday. That was fun, and ended with her mother's famously yummy cake.

I was able to go to a nice girl's night on Sat. Mexican themed dinner - YUM!

Went to Costco on Sunday to get the convertible car seats as JJ will be done with the infant one in another pound. They carry Safety 1st 3 in 1 seats there for $85, a nice discount from the other baby stores. Well, we get them home, and Austin tries to install them in my Jeep and his truck. These things are HUGE. My passenger seat would have to be all the way forward for this thing to fit. It didn't even fit in his truck. So, those are going back. I guess we'll have to suck it up and get a couple smaller ones from Target or BRU. After we returned home, I swear my child repeated the word "up" to me.

Monday after work, I went to my sister's to watch over my mother after her colonoscopy (which I didn't quite get, but anyway). She started talking and didn't stop till I took her home. But, my point is, while I was there, JJ was apparently responding to someone waving at him by waving back!

Yesterday, working at my mom's house, she gave him an empty Kleenex box to play with. She kept saying "box" to him, and it sounded like he said it back!

My kid is a freaking genius! Or, since I haven't read that far ahead in What to Expect the First Year, this could all be completely normal ;)

Oh, and in "Inappropriate Things my Mother Says" news, as I was leaving her house yesterday carrying JJ out in his infant seat, she looked at me and said "you should be a lot thinner now" (implying that cause he's so heavy and that I have to carry him, I should be losing weight). I looked at her like "bitch, what did you just say??", and she repeated herself!! Then added "it never worked for me either". Um, OK, like that's going to make it all better. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment