Monday, March 22, 2010

Surgery

JJ goes in for outpatient surgery tomorrow at 7:45AM. We have to be to the hospital at 6:45, which means we'll have to be up by 5ish, I'd say. He can have formula till 1:45 AM thank God. I was thinking the cutoff would be much earlier in the night, which would have resulted in a crabby baby in the morning. Actually, he can have water, apple juice and/or Pedialyte till 4:45, so although I don't usually wake him up to feed him anymore, I may just do tonight to make sure he's got a full belly.

I pretend I am a strong person, but right now I'm very anxious. They are putting him under, which is kind of freaking me out. The surgery is scheduled for 1 hr, 15 min, and the nurse told me that it's a fast acting anesthesia that will go through a mask. As soon as they turn it off, he could wake up. I think I like that better than deep sleep, but really, who knows? I'm no expert at this stuff. Just a mom who wishes her baby didn't have to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment